Chorlton Central Church is a member of Manchester & Salford Urban Mission
a Missional Partnership of the North Western Synod of The United Reformed Church
Our Shared Mission
Our priority is God's Mission
– Our Mission is to our local communities
– Love and Solidarity for all our neighbours
– Loving actions – not just words
– Challenging the causes of poverty and exclusion, not just alleviating the symptoms
– Partnering with others outside our churches to achieve our shared goals
– Speaking out against injustice, may require being controversial and willing to be criticised, and sometimes this will be hard.
– This requires a willingness to be vulnerable, speaking truth to power
The strong should help the weak
– Everyone deserves respect and dignity
– ALL are strong in some things and weak in others, and so although the language of Strong and Weak is easy to understand, it is not always helpful.
– Through our working together we will come to recognise everyones gifts and blind-spots, including our own.
– We believe everyone should have opportunity to be involved in decisions which effect them, bringing real experiences to the conversation.
– Relationships should always be two way.
– Mission is ALWAYS With, never for, or too!
– This requires a willingness to be vulnerable, and give away some of our power
We belong to each other, under God
– We are neither independent nor dependant, we are all interdependent
– Becoming more interconnected between our churches, with other partners in the community, and especially with those on the margins
– Learning from others and learning from ‘apparent’ failures
– This requires a willingness to be vulnerable ourselves, trusting others with power
Our Partnership Churches
Our Ministry Team
The member congregations are served by a team of Ministers, a Church-Related Community Worker and a Youth and Families Development Worker.
Church Related Community Worker
Liz is a Church Related Community Worker based at our Inspire Church in Levenshulme.
Her work includes builing interfaith relations, and helping churches across the partnership assess and improve their community impact.
Kate is a Minister at The Dandelion Community – Wythenshaw, with over 19 years in Urban Ministry.
She currently works one day a week for the local church whilst studying for her PHD in UK poverty issues.
Special Category Minister
Ruth is a Pioneer Minister at the MediaCityUK Church, which is based in the Oasis Academy School in Salford.
Her passion and ministry is working with children and young people.
Youth and Families Worker
Jo is our Children and Families Inclusion Worker based at Inspire Church in Levenshulme.
Adam is the Principle of Northern College based at the Luther King Centre for Theological Education in Rusholme, Manchester.
Special Category Minister
Mike is a Pioneer Minister working in Chorlton. His remit is to engage people in their 20s to 40s in the many cafes, bars, and social spaces in Chorlton.